Thursday, September 4

Maudlin

I know that my period is due when I start to get maudlin. When I start to look at all my friends on Facebook and wonder why they all have more than me. When I write e-mails to people with whom I have been out of touch with for so long. When I start to have those high school angst feelings that I am not as good as everyone else; not as nice, no wonder no-one likes me. My belly swells in it´s ugly response. My body responds with sensitivity. Stabbing toes are agony. Little bumps ache. I cry for no reason or have tears in my eyes constantly. My children look at me in wonder when I start crying while reading about Max´s mummy leaving his supper even after he is sent to his room. I get cross and cranky. My thoughts are all jumbled. I can´t remember things so well. All for the joy of womanhood!

Bring back my normalcy. How many years of this must we endure. It must make us stronger or at least a better person?????????? I wish.

2 comments:

mimbles said...

I get grumpy. Reeeaaaally grumpy. And my boobs hurt like they did in early pregnancy. That didn't used to happen. I'm not nice to be around in the week before my period.

It sucks.

But Where the Wild Things Are is awesome :)

Julie said...

I have almost forgotton the joys of my period, as I am still breasfeeding and it has (thankfully) not yet returned!

It is funny that you write that about Facebook, I do not even have to have my period to feel this way. I have actually stopped myself going on there as I can't help the feelings of ...err I suppose jealousy, even though I would not change my life of course.

Most of my friends around the world are still living the high life with no children. Out having adult type fun all the time, nobody to care about but themselves, I can't remember what that was like. It makes me feel envious which makes me feel angry as I know that I am actually the lucky one with my adorable (most of the time) kids, but you know sometimes you just can't help those feelings......... X