Sunday, September 21

My six year old has a boyfriend

Well, she doesn´t have one on her own, she shares him with two others. She likes him as he lets her jump on top of him. They chase him around the classroom at kindergarten. Then they lie him down, sit on top of him and try to take his pants off as he doesn´t like it, but he has a friend who they don´t want to have as a boyfriend who pulls him away.

She tells me that they will get married. When I told her that in Austria that only one wife is allowed to be married to one husband, she tells me that they will take turns. She said that they will just get divorced and share him around. She thinks that they will all live together in our house as it is the biggest. She thinks that maybe her husband won´t want to live in her room as it is pink and he doesn´t like pink so maybe he will have to sleep in our old house and come over so she can jump on him each day. The other wives can share with her. Daddy has to put another layer on her double decker bed so they can all share.

She thinks that she will have about 10 children with her husband, and share the children with the other wives. She thinks that maybe she will want to go to work so I will stay at home and look after the children. She doesn´t think that her husband will work as he can´t write like she can. She thinks that if he does work he might be a builder or something so he can build them a bigger house to live in. At the back of our house.

My little daughter thinks that having a boyfriend is lovely. She doesn´t want to kiss him or anything, just jump on top of him. She said that she doesn´t think that I jumped on top of daddy, but thinks jumping is better than kissing.

And to think that I thought that I had a few more years. It´s all the pink, I´m sure!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

? said...

Looking back on my childhood days, vivdly, there was a girl I really loved to the extent that I was tormented with jealousy whenever I saw her talking to any other boy. Do you know what I did? Propelled by jealousy, I told her a different version of the fairytale "the frog prince". I said to her, "you may turn into a frog if he kisses you". Your little one is so sweet. Perhaps you shouldn't ever let her know that there may be nothing on earth better (at least for me) than kissing someone for the very first time!

btw: I haven't seen your footprints on my blog lately and it makes me a little bit uncomfortable i.e. am I welcome here? should I be reading this or leaving any further comments? I do miss you on my blog; you dont have to leave any comments - just let me know you are reading. I dont see the relevance but I'm tempted to ask whether you have you seen the "Jump Up and Kiss Me" - a great vegetarian cookbook?

Bye for now.

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.