Sunday, May 18

Alone at last

My big Honey is taking my little Honies away. For 4 whole days. The men are going away with the children and leaving the women at home. This will be the first time in 6 years I have been more than one hour away from my children......... This means:

-going to the toilet uninterrupted.
-being able to have a bath by myself without the hundred questions of why can´t they join me.
-no little one in bed with me pulling out my arm so she can lie on it, guaranteeing neckache for me in the morning.
-sleeping in (why is it that children can go to bed so late but will know automatically if it is a weekend where they must wake before 6am or a weekday where you have to pull them out of bed?)
-no-one to ask me what is for dinner.
-no-one to complain about the dinner.
-no wiping of bottoms or nappy changes.
-things will stay where I put them. In the same respect, no need to pick things up 20 times in a row before it stays away.
-time to do something for myself.
-I can read more than 2 pages in a book at one time.
-I can write all my friends an e-mail without feeling guilty about the time on the computer.
-I can make something from clay without having to think of how to make it before the nap time ends.
-I can go shopping without the continual, relentness 'Can I have that?' 'Can I have that?'
-I can feel sad and lonely that my family is away from me.
-I can feel desolate that my babies aren´t with me.
-I can feel like something is missing.
-I can wish that my babies come back.

(Actually I have 3 assignments due in so my time is taken. The days will just fly by..........)

2 comments:

Melody said...

Oooo, so glad you discovered me and now I you! I'm going to read some of your previous posts now...

But being alone - some you time, will be good for your soul, even though your heart will ache. I know mine would...

Julie said...

Just wanted to say hi and thanks for being the first person to comment on my new blog, it is actually cool to think that someone has read my ramblings.. I love your blog and have just spent my cleaning the house time reading it all.....oh well! I think that your pottery is great, I especially liked the floor tile. Something else that I would love to try one day. Nice to on-line meet you and I look forward to reading more..X