Thursday, May 15

Creative need - Part 1 - pottery.

I have a need to create. If I´m not making something or planning something, my life feels like it isn´t going anywhere. If I´m not making something I tend to feel down or lost. I have a folder with all the things I have cut out which inspire me. I have long lists of what I am going to do. I have all the raw ingredients and materials. I just need time!!

I have been experimenting with pottery for the last year. I´m not very good at it but I love the feel of clay in my hands. I like manipulating it to make things. I don´t have many things to show as I give lots of things away when people say they like something. (Note: photography is not my forté, so please excuse the photos).

I have been experimenting with jewellry. This is a necklace I made for Louise. I have been making beads and buttons as well.


This is one of four tiles which will go on the door my husband made for our house.

This is my favorite glaze. Red on red clay. Mother´s Day.

These are some pottery balls I made. They look great in the graden, but I have them here on the window sill. The red features constantly.

This is my cake plate with a little bowl (again the red). In the bowl are felt balls I have been making from some lovely alpaca wool I brought at the Salamanda Markets in Hobart. Here is also my collection of dust and Australian bush. The plates belong to a set I have made for my new kitchen. I have bowls as well. My new kitchen will be terracotta, red glaze on a snail pattern pottery, wood, white and glass (or at least so I have planned).

I have so many plans on what I want to make from clay. The next on the list are name tags for the children of friend to put on their doors as christmas presents (I have to start early when making it myself). I´m also making presents for friends when I come to Australia later this year (way later).


But this week (when I am on my own; I´m giving Nano felting a go)

1 comment:

Ms Mac said...

My goodness! You're almost as obsessed by red as I am! That red clay is gorgeous!