Wednesday, May 28

The quirky things my children do - Part 1

1. My children, from about 6 months of age, have to go to bed with a book. Other children may have teddy bears, or comfort blankets. My children have books. They must have three books each sitting on the bed and they fall asleep holding a small book in their hand (I always did want them to like books. Sometimes I think this is going a bit far, though).

2. One of the first foods that Sweetheart started eating at about 6 months of age was chilli peppers. Hot and spicy in a salsa (don´t think I fed it to her as she just took it off my plate. But she recognised the jar and then constantly wanted it). One of her other favorite foods are olives.

3. Herzie has come into my bed every night of her life (I know. Joy. It doesn´t matter how many times I put her out she just comes back again). When she comes in, she snuggles up to me, puts her hand under the T-shirt I sleep in, and puts her hand between my breasts. And the funny thing is, that when she snuggles up to her sister or father, she goes looking for the breasts, and when she can´t find them, she turns over to look for me. Maybe this is what happens when you breastfeed for 2 years!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Global Librarian said...

I slept with my parents every night from the time I was no longer in a crib and could therefore get out of my bed by myself. I would wake up about 1 or 2 in the morning and climb in with them.

Mom and Dad first tried to take me back to my bed, but it never worked. I would still return to theirs. They gave up and let me do it.

When I was about 4 1/2 I stopped one night and never did it again. My mom thinks that for whatever reason I just needed some extra security for a few years.

Anonymous said...

Heh, I weaned my kids when they started to unbutton my shirt - in public!

Ariane said...

As a person that hates breastfeeding (currently planning the weaning of the not quite 7 month old), I have no opinions about long term breastfeeding.

My opinions on sleep are that any child can be taught to sleep in their own bed all night. Whether or not the learning curve is worth it to you is a personal choice. I warned you that it was an opinion! :)

Go the chilli! Awesome, I am particularly impressed that she maintained it through the age of 2. Cool.

Bird Bath said...

My first and third are so similar in their sleep behaviour...both ear clingers.The eldest finally let go of my ear & bed about age 4.
The second has slept independently since birth.I thought gee, this is easy I must be so much better at this the second time round.Wrong!
The third will not sleep unless I'm lying next to her with my ear in her little hands. Aaaah!

Unknown said...

Ear? I thought the breast was a bit much but I would have made more of an effort for an ear holder. Must be genetic.